This qualification aims to help students to develop a critical understanding of management in the context of general business. The qualification will give you a theoretical understanding of management concepts and an overview of general business. It will equip you to find employment with management prospects in general business or to continue your professional or academic studies in a related area.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Diploma in Business Management or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- BTEC HND in Business Management or related Studies.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
The successful candidates have a wider opportunity to progress onto the higher-level qualifications . As this qualification is equivalent to Level 6 (QCF/RQF), the candidates are eligible to gain direct entry into a masters degree programmes. Click here to see the progression opportunities.
|L/GDBM/6033 Higher Education Research||20|
|L/GDBM/6034 Enterprise Innovation||20|
|L/GDBM/6035 Supply Chain Management||20|
|L/GDBM/6036 The Final (Individual) Project||20|
|L/GDBM/6037 Delivering Customer Value through Marketing||20|
|L/GDBM/6038 Accounting with Technology||20|
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Hours are covered as per the qualification requirements.