The Level 6 Graduate Diploma in Education Training and Skills offers education, training and development to graduates who are aspiring to teach in the education, training and skills sector such as further education colleges and private sector training providers . It provides a route into teaching in the Further Education and Skills sector for graduates, and leads to a robust teaching qualification, which is recognised by the sector.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- BTEC HND in Teaching or related Studies.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved Overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
The successful candidates have a wider opportunity to progress onto the higher-level qualifications. As this qualification is equivalent to Level 6 (QCF/RQF), the candidates are eligible to gain direct entry into a masters degree programmes. Click here to see the progression opportunities.
|L/GDET/6001||Teaching, Learning and Assessment||20|
|L/GDET/6002||Research Led Teaching||20|
|L/GDET/6003||Designing and Developing Curriculum||20|
|L/GDET/6004||Developing Professional Practice||20|
|L/GDET/6005||Subject Specialist Pedagogy||20|
|L/GDET/6006||Theories that Underpin Teaching and Learning||20|
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Hours are covered as per the qualification requirements.