This qualification aims to help students to develop and build more efficient and affordable technology; to provide a robust and green energy network; and to help us live better, healthier, smarter and more sustainably.One of the broadest engineering disciplines, electrical and electronic engineering uses cutting-edge technology to address some of the major concerns of the modern world. There is growing demand for skilled graduates to work in industries such as consumer electronics, alternative energy and transport, medical engineering and communications.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Engineering or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
The successful candidates have a wider opportunity to progress onto the higher-level qualifications . As this qualification is equivalent to Level 6 (QCF/RQF), the candidates are eligible to gain direct entry into a masters degree programmes. Click here to see the progression opportunities.
|Embedded Software Design
|Communication Systems and Wireless Technologies
|Electrical Circuit Analysis
|Digital Signal Processing
|Renewable Energy Engineering
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months for full-time study. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Times (TQM) or National Learning Hours (NLH) are covered as per the qualification requirements. This programme is flexible and delivered face-to-face, distance learning, through lectures, tutorials, seminars.