The Graduate Diploma Quantity Surveying course is for students with a first degree in an unrelated subject seeking to convert to a career as a Quantity Surveyor. Successful completion of the Graduate Diploma allows advanced entry onto the Masters course.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 QS or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
The successful candidates have a wider opportunity to progress onto the higher-level qualifications . As this qualification is equivalent to Level 6 (QCF/RQF), the candidates are eligible to gain direct entry into a masters degree programmes. Click here to see the progression opportunities.
|Construction Technology and Building Services
|Data Management in the Construction Industry
|Construction Project Management Practice
|Building Information Modelling in Design Co-ordination
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months for full-time study. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Times (TQM) or National Learning Hours (NLH) are covered as per the qualification requirements. This programme is flexible and delivered face-to-face, distance learning, through lectures, tutorials, seminars.