The qualifications are designed to provide career development opportunities for those who are working in Hospitality and Tourism at middle and senior management level. The qualification will give you a theoretical understanding of management concepts and an overview of the H&T industry. It will equip you to find employment with management prospects, particularly in the H&T sector, or to continue your professional or academic studies in a related area.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism qualification or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- BTEC HND in Hospitality and Tourism or related Studies.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved Overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
|L/GD/6001 Tourism Policy and Planning||20|
|L/GD/6002 International Travel, Tourism and Hospitality||20|
|L/GD/6003 Managing the Customer Relationship||20|
|L/GD/6004 Contemporary Hospitality Management||20|
|L/GD/6005 Organisation Behaviour in Hospitality and Tourism sector||20|
|L/GD/6006 Researching Hospitality and Tourism Management||20|
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Hours are covered as per the qualification requirements.