The qualifications are designed to provide career development opportunities for those who are working in Hospitality and Tourism at middle and senior management level. The qualification will give you a theoretical understanding of management concepts and an overview of the H&T industry. It will equip you to find employment with management prospects, particularly in the H&T sector, or to continue your professional or academic studies in a related area.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism qualification or have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved Overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
The successful candidates have a wider opportunity to progress onto the higher-level qualifications. As this qualification is equivalent to Level 6 (QCF/RQF), the candidates are eligible to gain direct entry into a masters degree programmes. Click here to see the progression opportunities.
|L/GD/6001 Tourism Policy and Planning
|L/GD/6002 International Travel, Tourism and Hospitality
|L/GD/6003 Managing the Customer Relationship
|L/GD/6004 Contemporary Hospitality Management
|L/GD/6005 Organisation Behaviour in Hospitality and Tourism sector
|L/GD/6006 Researching Hospitality and Tourism Management
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Hours are covered as per the qualification requirements.