This qualification (120 Credits) is designed to provide career development opportunities for those who are working in Information technology at middle and senior management level. This programme aims to develop a critical understanding of management in the context of Computing systems and IT Development
The qualification will offer a theoretical understanding of the concepts and an overview of IT combined with business. It will equip you to find employment with management prospects in IT industry or to continue your professional or academic studies in a related area.
This is a stand-alone qualification but there are entry requirements. Applicants must have obtained one of the following:
LMQ Level 5 Diploma in information technology qualification or should have obtained one of the following:
- A UK Degree or Overseas equivalent.
- BTEC HND in Information technology or related Studies.
- Level 5 qualifications from another internationally recognised awarding body or approved Overseas Institutes of Higher Education.
This qualification is equivalent to the following:
Framework for higher education qualifications in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas, Graduate Certificates
Regulated Qualifications Framework for England and Northern Ireland
- Technical/Vocational Qualifications Level 6
Credit and Qualifications Framework for Wales
- Vocational Qualifications, Professional Certificates in Education, Apprenticeships
National Framework of Qualifications for Ireland
- Higher Diplomas
Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework
- Bachelor’s/Ordinary Degrees, Technical Apprenticeships, PDA, SVQ, Graduate Diploma, Graduate Certificates, Award
L/GDIT/6001 Computer Systems Architecture
L/GDIT/6002 IT Virtualisation
L/GDIT/6003 Work-based Experience
L/GDIT/6004 Web Server Scripting
L/GDIT/6005 Local Area Networking Technologies
L/GDIT/6006 Financial Decision making for Managers
L/GDIT/6007 Project Management
L/GDIT/6008 Computer Games Design and Development
This qualification is expected to be delivered minimum of 12 months for full-time study. Centres should make sure the Total Qualification Times (TQM) or National Learning Hours (NLH) are covered as per the qualification requirements. This programme is flexible and delivered face-to-face, distance learning, through lectures, tutorials, seminars.